Elternbeirat, Parent Handbook, Calendar and more.
German ISD established the first German ISD´s Elternbeirat in Fall 2018. The German word “Elternbeirat” translates best as a designated group of parents. It is also known as the PTA (parent teacher association).
The Elternbeirat plays a vital role in German ISD’s community-building efforts and educational objectives. It is the joint mission of the school and the Elternbeirat to build a responsible, global-minded community and ignite the “spark of genius” in every child.
• To encourage parents’ involvement at German ISD
• To actively encourage parents in supporting the conscientious fulfillment of school duties and requirements
• To support advertising German ISD within the community
• To develop, promote, and participate in fundraising events
• To assist with the organization of school events
• To strengthen the family through school/community partnerships
• To sponsor family-oriented events and activities
• To raise awareness of issues affecting children in and out of our community
• To encourage the exchange of ideas and thoughts by connecting with staff and other parents
Participation & Regulation – download